GCC Concealed Carry Purse- My Designing Adventure

I am so excited to share with you my newest sewing adventure of designing my very own concealed carry purse.  I made an attempt a while back, but it was too huge.  Funny enough, this one turns out to be too small!  LOL

In the past I have taken someone else's purse design and converted it into a gun bag.  I often feel guilty hacking their purses like this, especially when some say I do not have to acknowledge them.  So, I decided it was time to design my own to sell in my Etsy shop and at www.ginasconcealedcarry.com

Gina's Concealed Carry Purse-Designing Adventure


I have to admit, I would love to just design purses full time.  I love the creative part of it.  I'm always drawing in my little sketch book trying to design the perfect one-of-a-kind purse that no one else has ever seen before. (right-lol) I soon realized, early on, that I just did not have enough "know-how" to design my own purse.  There are so many different techniques to learn when it comes to making purses.  The reason I was finally able to make this purse on my own, was because I had finally made enough "different" purses and learned enough techniques, that I finally had enough of the puzzle to put a decent purse together on my own.

Gina's Concealed Carry Purse-Designing Adventure

I often look at purses all over the internet for inspiration.  I saw a little purse online that had a slanted pocket with a zip.  It went all the way across, but I thought I would add a pocket for some more accessories.  My customers have been asking for a smaller concealed carry purse, so I was trying to come up with something to fit their needs.  This purse measures 9"W x 8.5"H. 

Gina's Concealed Carry Purse-Designing Adventure

As soon as I finished this purse I measured the gun pocket and it only had room for a gun about 5.75" in length.  It would fit the small guns, but most of my customers have a gun that measures 6" at least.  I decided that I needed to try again and make the pocket at least 7" in height.  I was not too sad because that meant I had a new cute purse! 

I did learn a few new techniques in making this purse.  Would you believe I had never made a purse with a top zipper closure as pictured above.  All the patterns I use usually have a recessed zipper, which I love.  Another new things was putting in those strap loops.  They would have been fine if I did not have to work around the gun pocket, but I just could not squeeze them in there very well with the measurements I was using.  Well, it is not like I thought I would get this bag perfect the first time.  (uh..yes I did-lol) 

I made this purse 2 more times and finally came up with what I think is cute gun purse!  It is a little bigger and I changed a few things, but I am very happy with my new GCC "Casual Crossbody".  If you want to see my new purse you can go to my facebook page to check it out!  I'd love for you to hop on over and comment and join my community over there.  ;)


 Thanks for stopping by!





Comments

Popular Posts